Boiled Chicken in Spicy Sauce ( Guy Op Sea Eaiw )
Saying this chicken is boiled is not the full story, it is first pan fried to get some flavor from the browning, then simmered slowly in a stock, and finally served up with a delicious spicy dark sauce. It’s healthy chicken but with an unhealthy taste!
- 500 gms Chicken Breast with Skin
- 1-2 Coriander Root
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Peppercorns
- 3 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 500 ml Water
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube Preparation
- Clean the chicken breast and add the light soy sauce.
- Into a mortar, mix the garlic, coriander root, peppercorns and pound until ground up. Add this to the chicken, mix it well together so that the chicken is covered and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Put the butter into a pan, fry the chicken in this starting skin side down until the skin is browned, then turn it over and brown the other side. The aim is to just add some flavor, not to cook the chicken.
- Place the chicken, water and stock cube in a saucepan, bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to simmer. Simmer until the water has reduced by half.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking you can use this stock to cook side vegetables like baby corn, carrots or mushrooms if you are serving these too.
- Remove the chicken, slice, place in a serving bowl with some of the stock and the following sauce.
Ingredients for Sauce
- 5 Chillies
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce Preparation1. Mix chillies, garlic, sugar and salt in a mortar and pound it until the mixture is ground up, then add the dark soy sauce.2. You can spoon this sauce over the chicken, as I’ve done for the photograph, or if some of your guests don’t like spicy chilli, you can serve it as a side sauce.